Posts Tagged ‘gelato’
The Ladies & the Gelato November 23rd, 2010
I’ve been a little busy of late, and not had much time to prepare any posts. Am working towards fixing that, so please bear with me!
I made this shot in Florence, Italy, just before I headed up the hill to the Piazzale Michelangelo. These three German ladies were sitting outside a tiny gelateria, enjoying the sun and the first-class Italian gelato. I love the texture of the wall behind them.
On another note, check out the following:
- For an extraordinary and unique glimpse at the Hajj, brought to you by the Boston Globe’s The Big Picture, click here;
- For a look at the Hajj in 1885, and compared with today, check out this post by Tewfiq El Sawy;
- For some shots of 1970s New York City, brought to you by the New York Times’ Lens photo blog, click here;
- For some beautiful shots by Gavin Gough from the Pushkar Camel Fair in India, click here; and
- For a cool Burning Man HDR shot from Trey Ratcliff’s Stuck in Customs blog, click here.
More coming soon!
Tags: 1885, Boston Globe, burning man, camel fair, florence, gavin gough, gelato, hajj, ice cream, india, italy, lens, mecca, new york times, piazzale michelangelo, pushkar, stuck in customs, tewfiq el sawy, the big picture, trey ratcliff, wall
Posted in People, Portraits | Comments (0)