Alone November 29th, 2010
This is a shot from my archives. It was a test shot I made with my then-new 50mm prime lens. For some reason, I keep coming back to it.
So here it is.
What caught my eye was the way the light hit the cup. The scene is at one of the restaurants at the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi.
On another note, check out the following:
- For a beautiful shot by Joe McNally of a dancer leaping, click here;
- For an interesting Washington Post article on the NYU professor who surgically implanted a camera to the back of his head, click here;
- For a cool shot and behind-the-scenes look at constructing and shooting a set by advertising and editorial photographer John Keatly, click here;
- For an awesome behind-the-scenes and how-to shoot with lasers (yeah, frikkin lasers!) by the one and only Strobist, click here;
- For an explanation of HDR photography in diagram form, click here; and
- For a review of Scott Kelby‘s new book “The Adobe Photoshop CS5 For Digital Photographers“, click here.
More coming soon!
Tags: abu dhabi, adobe photoshop cs5, arab, back of head, beyond megapixels, camera, dancer, emirates, emirates palace, hdr, Joe McNally, john keatly, laser, nyu, petapixel, restaurant, scott kelby, Strobist, surgical implant, UAE, united, united arab emirates, washington post
Posted in Travel/Urban | Comments (0)